Doily Vest

Inspired by Chantal Johnson's "Pieces from the Past" vest in a recent issue of Belle Armoire (or was it Altered Couture? I get the two mixed up and I didn't write it down). And then Jill of Gypsy Brocante came out with these gorgeous pieces and when I showed that blog post to Mum while I was in Australia, she decided we should take a stab at it.

Here's the work-in-progress. It consisted of Mum holding up doilies (mostly made by my great-grandmother), my approving and she pinning them onto the tank top.



I think it needs a little reworking, especially at the back. And I need to tea-dye that white doily.

And that's a peek at an item on my to-do list....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!