Mother's Day gifts

So now it is over a week since Mother's Day, but I've simply been too busy to sit in front of a computer and edit photos and compose a post. Well, I got as far as editing the photos. I spent the past week rehearsing and practicing for last Sunday -- where for the first time, I sang with the praise band as lead.

Yeah, it's one of those "No #$^#, there I was..." I was really nervous to start with, and it wasn't until after our offertory anthem (the only non-congregational piece, and half-way through) that I relaxed. Even though I kept telling myself it wasn't about me, it was about God... Oh my, I think I have to blog about this for my church's yet-to-be-launched blog. Hmm.

Ok, alright, here's the Mother's Day pictures. Mum had oohed and ahhed over the Texas Silver Bellas mum corsages in '09, so I thought I would make her her very own. I mostly winged it based on homecoming mum corsage instructions online.






And then Dan saw what I was doing and said his mom would like one ... Hers is a little smaller because I took the opportunity to play with these award pieces that Michael's was selling. I still used a silk flower for the center and added around the outside.


I also successfully managed to staple my thumb.


Because these are all lovely whites and creams, I'm joining in White Wednesday today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!