Monday, August 8, 2011

Chatelaine!

One less excuse to wear skirts to work (as I'm often involved in opening doors, having keys on hand was an issue), plus the iPhone pouch that I made (following these instructions, and then adding eyelets to thread chain through) makes sure my phone doesn't sit in my purse which is locked up all day!

First I collected some chatelaine inspiration on Pinterest (where you will see I had inspiration from Lilla and Dawn of the Feathered Nest!)

I bought the chatelaine pin itself on etsy. It hooks over my skirt waistband and as a smaller hook to dangle other needful things off it.


The cream doily was made by my great-grandmother (yes, well, my mother cut it up first!), there's another doily on the back.  Oh and it's 100% handsewn, including tacking on the doilies and lace because I did that after I sewed it all together.


The keys have satin ribbon between them to reduce the annoying jangling and they are attached to a fob watch chain owned by my great-grandfather.

So there you have it, my chatelaine project all done!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo la la - this is lovely Leanne.
    I've got an old chatelaine in my stash - somewhere.... This is a great idea.
    I followed your lead to Pinterest too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Chatelaines are so handy, and it's wonderful that yours has handwork from your ancestors on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Blessings to you and yours.