Finds....

Here are some items I picked up recently(ish):


two circa 1880's photographs, a white crocheted tablecloth, doilies, lace, and some super-fine tatting (and some anglaise lace)...

Here are some closeups...


The anglaise will probably end up around the hem of a skirt, or turning a top into a tunic... Mum says I can't cut up the crochet tablecloth even though it looks fairly new, has a hole and only cost me $12....



This tatting(?) is amazing ... it is completely whole in the round ... (can't find a seam) and possibly edged a skirt once? It has a lot of aging and not a few holes in it -- and I suspect possibly too fragile to actually stitch on to my clothes --- especially as I'm a bit of klutz and constantly catch myself on things (usually door knobs and flanges).  But I'll either come up with something, or this could be the third piece in my vintage trio (along with an apricot chemise and my christening gown).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!