Let's take a break from seriousness for a moment ... well, blue hats aside!
The lovely Natalie over at Vanillery Garden asked us 5 questions. I thought it'd be fun to answer them here and leave her a link. Feel free to join in the fun!
1) What is your favorite movie and why? 2) How much time do you spend on your own? 3) Do you often ask yourself what others think of you? 4) What kind of temptation is impossible for you to resist? 5) Do you believe that 2012 will be the end of the world?
1) My favorite movie ... so hard to pick just one! I love The Princess Bride -- it's fantasy and funny and just wonderful. I also enjoyed the Young Victoria movie although I haven't seen it since it came out. If it's on TV, I'll just sit down and start watching A League of Their Own. That's an empowering story. And "there's no crying in baseball!"
Oh here we go: The Pirate Movie. Does anyone besides me remember this one? Starring Kristy McNichol and Christopher Ames it was a 80's rewrite of Gilbert & Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance with 80's pop and G&S tunes mixed willy-nilly. It was silly, it was camp, it had a load of double entendres, and I loved it :)
2) Most of my alone time is on my day off, although I do run errands and make the epic trip to see my spiritual director so I'm often surrounded by people...
3) I don't think I often ask myself what others think of me, but if for some reason forgot something or failed to do something, then I become hyper-thoughtful of what others think of me. It's the reason why "Grace for the Good Girl" is on my to-read list.
4) Chocolate is an impossible temptation to resist. So's salty chips. Especially if they're sweet chile or jalapeño-flavored.
5) I do not believe 2012 will be the end of the world.