Showing gratitude and blessing #3

You can find an index of all the 31 Days of Encountering Judaism here.

Yesterday, I wrote about how many prayers of blessing there are in the Reformed Jewish liturgy. This is another thing Christian liturgy shares with its sibling (but not as many).

Christians open their service with it, for example. Each of the readings end with "Thanks be to God." In exchanging peace, we are blessing each other and God. We even confess to praising and blessing God always:
It is right, and a good and joyful thing, always and everywhere to give thanks to you, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
Tomorrow, I'll write about another common liturgical blessing.

(Yes, this was the post where the idea had been written down and I was left to go "huh? what did I mean by that." This is my best guess!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!