It isn't so much a "what I learned" as a "here's some interesting reading stuff" because I haven't unpacked what I have learned this past month and am not ready to write about it yet. (emily will understand ("In Celebration of Slow"))
So here's a couple of videos (one really funny) and a handful of posts that have been quite thought-provoking. (And one thing I did learn at the foot of the post.)
- This is a really cool song, Body by Barbara McAfee (I went and bought it on iTunes). You can't not dance to it.
- Why Men Shouldn't Go to the Grocery Store (thanks to Lory for finding this one). This comedienne is hilarious but ya got to wait for it, wait for it.... (video)
- Redeeming Eve by Ronna Detrick. A TedX talk that Blogger won't let me embed, so here's the link
- My favorite monastery on the West Coast has opened up a long term stay apartment. Wouldn't this be fun? (Especially with Luis' cooking most days of the week.)
- Drumming Myself into the Present Moment, a guest post at Abbey of the Arts by Rachel Renegold
- and what would one of these link collection posts be without one from Rachel Held Evans? "Walking the Second Mile: Jesus, Discrimination and "Religious Freedom"
- Krista Dalton on "Feminism and Ordination: Or I Don't Need the Bible to Have Common Sense"
- John Backman at The Huffington Post with "How Human Was Jesus?" A quote:
|view from one of the windows @ Mt. Calvary|
"If Jesus can be this human, so can we. By living into all the facets of the human spirit, including the less attractive ones, Jesus invites us to do the same."OK, one thing I really did learn in February: how to pick up, carry, undress and dress a Torah. It was pretty awesome, but I think I need another lesson. One of the bonuses of working at a synagogue and being the person supervising Bar/Bat Mitzvah photo taking with the Torah. I'll probably write more about this. Meantime, it was slightly terrifying. (Word is that if you drop it you have to fast for 30 days.)
What did you learn in February?