So yes, I'm mourning my 16 year old dog, who we had for about 10 years of his life. Adopted as an adult with his brother who died last year ...
This also might be a Sarah Bessey fan-post, because I have a large number of links from her blog. She writes really really good stuff, folks, if you don't follow her yet. It's probably way past time for me to buy her book...
- Who are your Somewheres? The people you can say anything to. (Sarah Bessey)
- What is your motivation? (Sarah Bessey)
- I used to think God wanted a lot from me. (Sarah Bessey). Oh, yeah, this one really resonated.
- To the young women reading "Jesus Feminist" (Sarah Bessey)
Phew. Here are some other great blogs I've read recently:
- David's Dance and the Body by the Rev. Mike Angell
- When you want to find hidden graces in the dark places, by Scott Sauls guest-posting about anxiety and depression at A Holy Experience
- Is that not worth exploring? by James Rhodes and illustrated by Zen Pencils
- Atonement theories of relativity at Wesley Bros with a great illustration.
- Tradition vs traditionalism: Fresh Expressions for Real by Greg Syler at ECF Vital Practices for Leading Congregations
- The 60% by the Rev. Chris Chase at Braid Mission about foster care in San Francisco
- Rhiannon Gidden's Cry No More at NPR's First Watch (an absolute must-listen)
- What to Measure if You're Mission Driven by Zachary First at Harvard Business Review
- When You Need Help finding Your Way Back to Yourself by Jennifer Louden
And for Laughs:
- F*ck That: A guided meditation that is seriously Not Safe For Work or Around Small Children (NSFWOASC). By Jason Headley on vimeo