First, if you haven't yet watched President Obama speak at Clementa Pinckney's funeral, please do. It's 40 minutes, but it's 40 compelling minutes. Amazing grace indeed. (Start it at the 1:20 mark.)
- Repenting of 'Colorblindness' by Rachel Held Evans is a powerful piece
"Afterwards, a black woman approached me and with far more grace than I deserved, reminded me that to African American listeners like her the image of God as a cosmic master is not only discomforting but frightening and oppressive."
- What You Can Do About Racism at Love Bids Us Welcome
- David, Goliath, and Emmanuel Church by Rev. Mike Angell, his sermon from last week.
- And just in case you haven't seen Jon Stewart's monologue on the Charleston shooting. Here it is.
- Murder in the Charleston: The Episcopal Church Must Respond by Rev. Nurya Love Parish
- My Children Aren't Colorblind and Neither are Yours by Lauren Casper
- Women are Scary by Melanie Dale, guest-posting at Sarah Bessey
- The First Step to Authentic Friendship is a beautiful, must-read story by Jennifer Dukes Lee
- The Church Is Not Dying, It's Failing. There's a Difference by Maggie Nancarrow
- The Imposter in the Garden by Dana
"I often think of a story someone told me about her period of spiritual discernment. She was in her kitchen praying, and asked for a sign from Jesus. As she sat in silence, Jesus suddenly appeared before her. He stood there, looked at her, then shrugged his shoulders. I told her, “Yeah, I know what you mean.”
- Sparking Joy is the Church's Sequel by Pamela Shelberg at The BTS Center
- God's Crazy Abundance, a sermon by the Rev. Colin Mathewson at St. Paul's Cathedral
- How Do We Attract Young People to the Church? at Love Bids Us Welcome
- Resting Body, Busy Mind by Vinita Hampton Wright at Days of Deepening Friendship
- You're Already So Loved by Sarah Bessey
- On Maitland Streets Monk Spreads a Message of Faith at the Maitland Mercury
And for fun, "Extra Day", what happens when you run the lyrics of "One More Day" from Les Miserables through Google Translate a few times:
And also, here are 19 Photos of Jesus Being a Normal Guy.
Oh, and I actually posted something of substance recently. You can find it here.