Is it wrong...

Is it wrong to have packed more books and art supplies than clothing for a retreat?

I just posed that question on Facebook, as I am finally all packed and ready to take the Amtrak to Santa Barbara tomorrow and spend some time with the brothers at Mt. Calvary Monastery.

So aside from a small bag of art supplies, my bursting-at-the-seams large art journal, I've packed a composition book for scribbling in, my spiritual journal for reflecting in, and:


  • my current read: "In the Shadow of the Temple: Jewish Influences on Early Christianity" by Oskar Skarsune (who is from Norway!)
  • "Psalms for Praying" by Nan Merrill
  • the Journal edition of the Mishkan T'filah, the Reform Siddur (Jewish prayerbook) (prayers on one side, space to journal and reflect on the other) (nope, not enough room)
  • and on my Kindle app, the interview with Pope Francis
  • and if I feel like some light reading I have Dumas, Bronte, and a short story by Melville on my iBooks app
In addition, I am bringing a letter to respond to and am hoping to reflect on learning the Sh'ma in Hebrew (as to why). 

That's not too much, right?

Chances are, I just may walk, sleep and smell the roses, but I am prepared!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!