My favorite verse #3

You can find an index of all the 31 Days of Encountering Judaism here.

I think the part of the Micah 6:8 verse that strikes me most deeply is: "and walk humbly with your God."

So I sat down and did a lectio divina meditation on the phrase.

Walking with God is not trailing behind an authoritarian figure, not dancing ahead of One who delights in us even as God would much rather I walk with, alongside of. Not someone of who I demand answers.

When I walk with people, I share my heart, my concerns, and my friend shares theirs.

God, share your heart with me.
Let me be in your heart
And I in yours.
Speak, your friend is doing her best to listen.

Holy breath in,
Sacred breath out,
Words shared are already lost,
But I promised to listen
And so I shall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!