Monday, January 3, 2011

Art and...

So for various reasons, I had put off making a sincere start on my first "La Sirena" painting for Suzi Blu's La Petit Academy class (which was supposed to end December 31, but we all got an extension!). Last weekend, I really got started.

I drew and colored in my mermaid, sent her off to Suzi for a critique ... and then started on the background. The pictures are a bit blurry because it was a race between me and the dying camera battery....


Spraying paint christened the easel well and truly....

Oh, I also managed to spray my iPhone which was sitting to the far left of the easel. Really fine spray, so I'm going to have to be a little more careful next time. Don't worry, it survived.

So that was the weekend of Christmas' work. This weekend just gone, I've added my mermaid and done some more painting, and the goal today is to fix the fix from Saturday (my shadows were a wee bit too red, so I managed to use acrylic glazing medium to blend it more and take some off, unfortunately, off means "back to the wood" in a couple of places. I like it, but I did it a little too much and want to restore some color.) Anywho.

As well as add more layers, plus some dimension to the painting and figure out what to do with her bodice area as that's the most incomplete looking part of the painting thus far. And maybe mess with the tail some more....

This is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Blessings to you and yours.