1) I learned how to make Matzah Crack, aka chocolate caramel/toffee crackers.
|waiting for the chocolate to harden|
|caramel on top of matzah in the oven - got to watch it to make sure it doesn't burn|
I made two batches. You should too. (Recipe is from smitten kitchen.) I'm saving the final packet of Matzah for Pentecost, although there's still a ton of Matzah in my local grocery store.
2) I learned how to read a theological book. (which I kind of already knew, but still)
3) I learned that there are many awesome Passover parodies of "Uptown Funk" but no Christian ones (so I wrote one)
4) I learned that I love the color teal.
5) I learned that if you press down on the plastic thingy right by the blade of the paper cutter you get a straight line! (how long have I been using these things?!)
6) I learned how to play Apples to Apples and had the best fun ever! The standard and Biblical sets were mixed. For the category "Old and Cranky", I won the round with "God the Father". Yes, I am pretty sure I will be going to hell for that, but it was too funny not to play.
|another sample hand. Radical is....|
7) I learned I can draw horses, but not hedgehogs (Ok, these are March and early May images). I am loving the Life Book 2015 lessons! (The hedgehog one is based on Juliette Crane's lesson.) And I learned how to draw a horse by following this YouTube video.
|a hedgehog. really.|
|horse. same artist aka me. really.|
Linking up at Emily Freeman's "What I Learned in April" at chatting in the sky
What have you learned this past month?