God's love stories .. there's a movement

There is a movement of love afoot. Maybe it's because this is what I'm looking for in order to write about it, or maybe others have decided that what we must do is combat violence and hatred is start talking about love more, start living love more. 

As they've appeared on my Facebook and tumblr feeds, I've reposted them but I thought I would collect some here, with original sourcing where possible (in other words, trying to be a good internet citizen). 

1) Change the World Through Love

"She felt like doing her part to change the world, so she started by giving thanks for all the blessings in her life, rather than bemoaning all that was missing from it. ... Each day she lived with more gratitude, more acceptance, more kindness ..." -- Scott Stabile (from his Instagramhttp://www.scottstabile.com/ 

This quote (and I encourage you to read the whole thing on Scott's Instagram account) begins with acknowledging blessings, then with liking oneself, then with small acts of kindness. In various small ways, love can enter the world ... and it's through each of us bringing a small piece of our hearts to the table.

(Scott has a book called "Just Love" based on his articles and Facebook posts. I haven't read it, but if you have, let me know what you thought!)

2) Respond from Stillness

I just recently I wrote an introductory piece on stillness. Glennon Doyle Melton of Momastery is a name that has kept popping up but have I read anything of hers? Not until yesterday, when she wrote this piece on Facebook:

It's a beautiful summation of sitting with something (being still) and then taking compassionate action. She says it much better than I did.

Hi My Friends,I have found there to be a distinct pattern to my reaction to personal or global trauma.1. BE...
Posted by Momastery on Friday, December 4, 2015
3) Hug

Hugging is good medicine, is an image shared on Facebook by Beloved Festival https://belovedfestival.com/ which happens yearly in Portland, Oregon. 

Joyful, hugging monks pretty much says it all. (Alas, I couldn't find a source for the numbers. The quote, or part of it, seems to have come from Virginia Satir, a family therapist)

So that's this month's "love moments" I guess we can call them without sounding weird or creepy? (Sorry, I just watched a Tina Fey/Amy Poehler trailer. Everything seems to have a double entendre now.) No? Well, let's just stick to calling them God's love stories and I hope they find ways to transform your life with love.

Where have you seen the movement of love occur online and in life? Please share in the comments and I may add them to the next instalment!

Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!