Number 44 of 52: quick self portrait

I was going through my basket of washi tape, looking for good colors to use in my Fall Studio Yearbook, and I came across four Faber Castell Pitt pens. I checked and sure enough, they were duplicates. So I thought I would challenge myself to use those (and a white Posca pen and a Lyra water-soluble pencil) to do a portrait.


First, the sketch.



I started with the lightest shadow color and discovered it was almost dried out. Oops. Did I go use the other one in the same color that I had? Of course not. I kept going with the others and used the white Posca pen to blend it together. I did this on a piece of regular copy paper so it quickly soaked up the ink making it difficult to move and blend. Gessoing the paper first might have been a good idea, but oh well.

And here's the result:


It's a self portrait but I couldn't be bothered to figure out the glasses (and teal wasn't one of the colors anyway) so I have left it as is.

I have another one that is well underway. What remains is to complete the eyes and do her veil and background, so more on that hopefully soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!