Summer Time Book Swap

I haven't heard if my partner received hers yet, but I sent it over a week ago, so I think its safe to share what I made for her here.

My swap partner told me she liked to repurpose. So I did.

I took this expandable file...


And made it into this:


The pretty shell image came from the ever amazing Graphics Fairy, which was perfect because my partner wanted the colors of a sunset over the water, and here I found this perfect image. Below is a close up of the buttons. Some new, some old.


I cut up the folders to create pages. A cut on every other folder so that each page is also a pocket, which is tied shut with ribbon, seam binding, cheese-cloth, fabric strips.

A couple of pages. The goal was to provide space to put in photos, journal, and I also added some goodies into the front pocket to further embellish. This page has one side covered in sheer fabric and a Green Paper image (I think), with a repeat of the shell image. The other side has old ledger paper to write on.

I also sealed the pockets with washi tape. Those are the pink and white stripes you see.


The rose image is another one of the Graphics Fairy's, and that's a sticker in the corner from my stash. I got to use quite a bit of my stash in this project.

Yeah, so I searched "beach" on Graphics Fairy ... this is one photo cut in half with plenty of space to write... and a scrap of space along the side...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!