Flower

It's almost winter and here in Southern California, plants are still blooming.

We planted a hibiscus this year, and hopefully it will survive the winter (it's in a somewhat protected corner), it's been showing one flower at a time. Maybe next year when it's older, we'll get more blooms.

They fade quickly, so when I saw this I had to snap it straight away. (I was harvesting eggplant for a failed attempt at caponata). It was a little droopy, so I lifted it up to show the center. Aren't the colors fantastic?

Comments

  1. I love the colours of hibiscus but hate that they don't last. Did church cleaning today and Janet's Double Delight rose was out so picked a couple.My bedroom smells divine and it reminds me of mum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!