Yesterday's icon writing was only a couple of hours. We have made it officially to the end of day one of the workshop! Today required a lot of detail work, filling in the small spaces.
We started with hair -- and discovered that the container was faulty and our paint had dried up! So we mixed a new batch of hair color and while I was doing that, Helena mixed more halo red as we were a bit worried we might run out once we started shading.
Lots and lots of layers of halo red later, as well as the storm blue color that just loved to lift right back up again and "Day 1" of the icon writing is complete.