Advent Blogging: The Magnificat

icon I wrote last year
I will finally be blogging a series on Mary's Magnificat for this Advent. (I am also thinking about #AdventWord, the only reason I joined Instagram a couple of weeks ago.)

I think I first talked about doing this blog series a couple of years ago after I led a series with fellow bloggers on the Prayer Attributed to St. Francis.

The Magnificat is a song about so much, I didn't know where to start. It's so hard to get my head around. So I put it off.

Today I made a start on the first post for the series, but looking ahead, given the grand jury decision in Ferguson that I just heard about ...

I don't know how I can write about this without coming off as ridiculously white-privileged.

It's a song of joy. It's a song celebrating the Messiah's impending arrival.

It's a song of freedom coming, long hoped for.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to say. I don't know if I'm going to say it right.

So I invite you to share your voices. Agree, disagree, discuss in the comments, or on your own blogs or where ever.

The first post will be December 1st.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!