Answer Me This: Summer time ...

I've never done this Q&A before, but it seemed a fun thing to do while waiting for paint to dry. (Golden's high flow acrylics are VERY high flow. I have artistic puddles drying. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

1. Any big plans for the summer?

A quiet summer this year. Am spending a long weekend in Santa Barbara at Mt. Calvary Monastery. It's my once a year trip. (Now that I work full time, it's once a year.) The rest of the summer, I will be working to prepare for my vacation later this year.

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

I believed many strange things. I was pretty sure there was a hungry dingo under my bed.

3. What is your favorite amusement park ride? (can be a specific one at a specific park or just a type of ride)

Fantasyland is my favorite part of Disneyland. I love the carousel and the Peter Pan ride there. My favorite in California Adventure is the Toy Story Mania and Grizzly River Run. I don't do the big rollercoasters or the super bumpy ones like the Indiana Jones ride.

That said, we never go to Disneyland in the summer. We prefer early January. When its raining. No waits on hardly any of the rides, so we don't have to plan, just go!

4. What's on your summer reading list?

Ummm.... my hubby and I are on an Ann Bishop glom. I am trailing behind but I hope to start on the next series we have with her. We started with her most recent series The Courtyards of the Others, and I just finished reading The Black Jewels trilogy in her Realms of the Blood series. Next will be The World of the Fae series although I see there are more RotB books on her website.

This might also be the summer I finish the N.T. Wright book ("The Resurrection of the Son of God") and I may get to Desmond Tutu's book on forgiveness that he wrote with his daughter.

5. Have you ever fallen asleep in public?

Dozing on epically long overseas flights don't count, right? Because usually everyone's trying to sleep.

6. What is your favorite smell?
Lavender, jasmine, rose.

Check out other people's answers at Catholic all Year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!