Aussie Goodies...

The weight loss plan kinda went out the window while I was on vacation (surprise, surprise). But can you blame me? Look at this delicious vanilla slice:


I bought a couple of cookbooks so that I could make this, and my other favorite, the super-rich chocolate caramel slice. I thought maybe I would cook something from the Biscuit & Slice Bible every other week or so.

I need to find a substitute for dessicated coconut though, which is a frequent ingredient in these, partly because its hard to find in the U.S., and partly because my husband's allergic to coconut flesh. Any ideas?


(Edit: I found my answer. Rolled oats is apparently the most common substitute for it. So I can go ahead with those recipes. But perhaps not for a week or so...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!