Joy Dare Monday: Ave ave!

The highlight of this week was our churches' Advent Choral Celebration. My church, Good Samaritan Episcopal Church, and the UCSD Newman Center Catholic Community combined to present a Lessons & Carols like service. We read the story of God's promise throughout history that resulted in the birth of Jesus Christ.

This was the second time we've come together as two communities becoming one to share this service and it was the best. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of our  performance later. Meanwhile, there are a lot of references in this list to practicing for Saturday night.

1,060. out of paper towels
1,061. don't need new glasses
1,062. "--ria" (the last two notes in the Ave Maria piece)
1,063. waking up already singing:
"Glory to God, Glory to God on high.  
Messiah has come. 
Love has transformed this night."
(lyrics from Shepherd's Joy piece practiced last night) 
1,064. icy cold fog
1,065. beautiful guided meditation
1,066. smell of lavender lingering
1,067. cold air returning and I am in short sleeves -- but it keeps the frozen food from thawing.
1,068. a moment of balance in tree pose
1,069. starting on Christmas decorating
1,070. bagel and theological conversation at Panera
1,071. carving my own stamp
1,072. freaking out that I may have  bought the wrong stuff for fixing mother-in-law's wall and then realizing I haven't.
1,073. playing with art
1,074. two deer nibbling grass outside a biotech (on the strip between  building and road)
1,075. Jaffas
1,076. our garage door got "Christmas"ed by a neighbor


1,077. Advent Choral Celebration: so many moments (singing well, my "G" disappearing after I was so sure I had it, Chris (in black cassock) and JP (in Dominican habit) grooving in front of the altar afterward to Charlie Brown's Christmas)
1,078. powerful sermon on how we can prepare the way for Christ
1,079. printer woes (fixed)

       
Am linking this up to Ann Voskamp's "multitudes on Mondays" (or will as soon as it goes up!)

Comments

  1. "two communities becoming one to share this service"
    That's so great!

    I've been wanting to try my hand at carving stamps. I haven't done that since high school art class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!