- The Sacrament of the Present Moment by God in All Things
- One of the Most Important Grace Stories I've Ever Told by Jennifer Dukes Lee -- this one is making me think and maybe dream a little of what radical hospitality could look like in my household... and I started thinking this before the teary ending...
- Rachel Held Evans preached at an Episcopal church, from the lectionary, and this is her sermon (which is awesome)
- I confess, I started skimming this post after a while when she started focusing on the evangelical church, but I found the first half Saved By Being Right: Christianity and Dogmatism by Wordgazer's Words compelling and echoed some of my recent thinking in a way -- and I'm not even from an evangelical church.
- Laura Boggess as part of her 31-ish Days of Prayer shared Thomas Merton's Prayer for a Journey that is just beautiful
- Ask an Interfaith Couple - Response at Rachel Held Evans' blog, especially this quote (and yes, I bought her book, haven't read it yet):
Most of us tend to operate solely within the isolation of our faith communities (this is totally normal and understandable). But in that isolation we tend not to ask tough questions of ourselves, our beliefs, and our traditions. Getting to know someone for whom faith looks differently helps us take the first step out of the comfort zones of the faith communities and the traditions we know and cherish. It’s along these edges that we can most experience spiritual growth, because we’re doing the hard work of asking ourselves, what do I believe? What does my religion espouse? What does my scripture actually say?The #31Days blogging challenge is over (am writing this ahead of time but I've finished all my posts for this) and here are few blogs I read during this time. A few of which who were already in my feedly:
- Chatting at the Sky: 31 Days of Living Art
- Laura Boggess: on 31ish Days of Prayer
- A Holy Experience: Missing Him - 31 Days of Calling on Jesus
- a light. spirit. who led me to a new art journaling site
- KosherKola, who wrote about being Jewish.
What God stories have you discovered lately?