Reviewing the 31 Days Challenge ...

I thought it might be interesting to review what it was like to participate in the 31 Days challenge ...

I didn't write on a daily basis. I knew I wouldn't have the time nor energy for that.

I wrote in batches, maybe five or six posts at a time, I wasn't really keeping track, some of them typed straight into Blogger (which means I need to do a back up somehow) and some in the Notes app of my iPhone. It sort of reminded me of the days when I wrote novels while working. I can still crank out the words!

I finished writing my 31 posts two weeks before the last day. Which gave me the flexibility to insert other posts if something came up -- that happened a couple of times in this particular challenge and you'll see the posts that got "bumped" in coming weeks.

There were a couple of posts where I got stuck as what to write, and they got pushed further back into the month, and one of them just ended up being a really short post. Most of them were without pictures (not including the little theme image I made).

Moving forward, I think keeping the pace of seven posts a week is a little crazy-making, so I think I shall settle on four a week. (Famous last words.)

I'm also going to need to put together some more theme images ... because these improve visibility when it gets shared on Facebook, so I shall have to put my thinking cap on about those.
But for even that to be successful, it means sitting down once a month and planning out what to write. This is something I've done before but not to particularly great success. The issue is though -- write about what? There are more "Encountering Judaism" style posts, especially how Christianity does/could interact with Judaism.

And you need to know how I'm doing learning the Sh'ma, right? (Answer: getting there...)

Of the blog posts that you've read, what kind of post would you like to see more of?

I'm also going to need to put together some more theme images ... because these improve visibility when it gets shared on Facebook, so I shall have to put my thinking cap on about those.

Some participants in the 31 Days challenge create e-books out of their efforts. I'm not sure that this is something I want to do or if this is something people would want, as I only had a small handful of dedicated readers, unless it was simply as souvenir for myself, or to form the basis of an honest-to-goodness book, and the jury's out as to whether I want to put in the effort on that.

Thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!