Sufganiyot or Jelly Donuts

As I was working from home on Monday, I was able to get all the prep done for these jelly donuts (recipe by Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen) and thus able to fry them first thing Tuesday morning to take into work for a Chanukah treat.

There are two rises involved with this yeasted dough and I got a bit worried: the milk didn't froth with the yeast in it (not lukewarm enough?) and although after the first rise the dough was a bit puffy, it looked pretty sad and flat the next morning after the second overnight rise in the fridge.


BTW, I did the "peskier" method where you prefill with jam before frying.

Having never made these before, I had to do a taste test. (My hubby was dispatched to work with the one donut that "exploded" during frying.)


Thankfully, they turned out pretty dang good (I think the lemon zest really made it) ...

... and off to work they went!


Portrait #2 is underway for the 52 Portraits in 52 Weeks challenge. This time it is on canvas. However, I've been inspired to do a new piece so we'll see where this goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!