Thursday, August 5, 2010

You know When You Get an Impulse to Do Something?

Something like Suzy Blu's new class?

And you say to yourself: Self, you have a book to create for your nephew; you have a Madonna fabric wall-hanging to put together from last year's Silver Bella swap; you have a small fabric book to finish; and a glorious purple satin/velvet/organza fabric book to create. You have more projects waiting than you can shake a stick at...

Sorry -- I've just watched Suzy's video and I think her manner of speaking is a bit on the infectious side. (This happens to me sometimes: after I've read Miles Vorkosigan novel (written by Lois McMaster Bujold -- fantastic series!) I get a little manic. Suzy's infectious joy is just plain contagious :) ) <- Ending the parentheses not showing off a double chin....

Anywho, I am thinking of taking her class because a) I can't draw faces worth a #$#^ and b) I didn't do art in High School (well, I sorta kinda did, sorta, but that's a story for another day) and I missed all the cool stuff she's offering. Although I can sculpt a mean lizard....

Yes, it's mermaids, but the whole idea of layering a painting like you're looking into the watery deeps? Just love that. And I've no objection to mermaids, really ... but I can apply her techniques to other stuff and isn't that the whole point of Suzy's classes?

So, I am being wise and I'm gonna sleep on it. Never mind that Suzy's Le Petit Academy has been sitting in my Firefox tabs for over a week, waiting for this announcement. Still gonna sleep on it, because its a whole semester, people, and that takes some commitment beyond the bucks -- I mean, ya got to take full advantage of the course before it goes away, right?

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful. I love it! Funny readings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about it too. I can make anything but I cant draw or paint. I think she said she was doing classes in the San Diego area when we talked to her at the Creschendoh party. Not sue where though...
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Blessings to you and yours.