Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mermaid inspiration

I've just gotten started on this ... but as part of La Sirena, we have to gather some things that inspire us on the subject of mermaids... A corkboard/inspiration board was suggested, but I came up with something else.


Yep, the birdcage I picked up at Urban Barn. I'm draping ribbons, pearls, shells inside and outside of it. The ribbons are kind of reminding me of floating seaweed......

I might move things around a bit on my inspiration board (aka my shutters) and use it to display the paper pieces once I go digging for them.

I stopped by the fabric store a couple of days ago to pick up some fabric for the Madonna hanging ... and even by going through the remnant tables, I still managed to spend a pretty penny. *sigh* Anyway -- also found these two trims, perfect for mermaidedness....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Blessings to you and yours.