High Tea @ Good Sam

This is the third year my church has held a High Tea. The first one I was too sick to go, last year and this year I've hosted (hostessed?) a table. (You can see last year's tablescape here.)

I had grand plans as you might guess by my Pinterest board, but then I agreed to host a group of friends. They were all friends of a parishioner who passed away since the last high tea, and she loved birds, so my table design took a certain focus. You can see that focus change on the same Pinterest board as the pins go from various ideas to a bird theme. I mixed a bunch of elements from different photos together.

I also got to reuse certain elements from last year's table too, so the only thing I had to buy were the flowers (and they were from Vons)!

Royal Doulton blue & white china, Noritake china,
bird's nest chargers from Pottery Barn (might have finally gotten money's worth!)

teapot from Ebay, little birds nests from Pottery Barn (eggs bought at an etsy shop)

recognize the bird cage? (ivy is from my garden and there are ferns in there somewhere...)

close up of bird's nest -- hint of embroidery on tea cloth...
Each of my guests got a birdcage charm (from Karla Nathan's shoppe) strung with crystals, swallow charms onto beautiful blue seam binding. Of course I totally forgot to take a picture of them.

Can't wait for next year!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party!