Joy Dare Monday: a new life.

This past week was my last week at work and I was pretty happy right up until the moment I walked out of the office for the last time as an employee and the tears welled. I'll have a different life now, but it's important to acknowledge that I will miss the life I left behind.

Chris called Friday my Good Friday and that Sunday I would be a resurrected Leanne, parishioner. It seems to have turned out that way, although I got teary at church announcements where they thanked me for my work and made the mistake of opening my gift once we were done singing the communion hymns. Then I cried.

Ya know, it's nice to be loved and appreciated.

This past week's gifts:

544. lectio
545. crazy fun with ink
546. white bird at the top of a tree, like a Christmas decoration
547. good training day
548. contentment
549. M. dies
550. Mother-in-law in hospital (joking about medical procedures)
551. another convert to Chuao's
552. mother-in-law home
553. time for bits of art
554. "it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen)
555. last day
556. friendly dog
557. hearing a friend's voice
558. only thing my mother-in-law remembers from anesthesia to waking up at home the next day is how the elevator doors closed between her and I as we were leaving (I kept pressing the button but the doors kept closing!! Honestly!)
559. smell of hot pastry
560. lace box
561. Mexican Train dominoes
562. crosses in the sky


one had faded by the time I got the camera. But there were three...
563. appreciation
564. generous farewell gift
565. fresh vermont cheddar bread

Am linking this up to Ann Voskamp's "multitudes on Mondays" (or will as soon as it goes up!)

Comments

  1. Leanne, my prayer for you:

    O God, in the course of this busy life, give us times of refreshment and peace; and grant that we may so use our time to rebuild our bodies and renew our minds, that our spirits may be opened to the goodness of your creation; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP)

    (Ok, I changed it a little, but it seemed appropriate. Lory)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create 2015

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!